dinsdag 22 september 2009

Three or more Tuesday Vintage cake stands

That I like cooking and baking is well known to those who follow my blog or know me personally. I also like vintage glass and if you combine the two than you end with the vintage glass cake stands. As you can see I have rather more then three. All together I have 7 stands with foods and a few more without a food. Then they are more cake plates.Once in a while I invite my quiltladies to an afternoon of show and tell and then the cake stands are in full use. Don't the cakes look pretty presented like that?


Here you see a cake stand and a vintage cake plate combined together with a zinc crown on top. I also use them to put on the Christmas table.
This is a bad picture since it is a scan of a traditional picture but it gives you an idea.


The one below is a special one to. I collect Luxval glass of the famous Val saint Lambert Cristal factory here in Belgium and this is an Art Deco cake stand.
Today I made a cake, just because I fancied making one... What better way to present my last glass cake stand.....







8 opmerkingen:

LiLi M. zei

Mmmmm! Jammer dat ik niet dichter bij je woon. Ik gebruik deze stands ook op elkaar, in volgorde van doosnee grootte, om te decoreren, zodat je een soort van etagère krijgt, begrijp je? Nu liggen er nog schelpen op want aan herfst deco wordt hier onder invloed van het prachtige weer nog niet veel gedaan. Hopelijk liggen ze er met Kerst nog op! Eet smakelijk! Ook aan 'A'!

susan zei

Your cake stands are lovely and so is the blue of the cabinet! You must share your icing recipe with us. You are so talented. I cannot imagine working with fondant! Thanks for stopping by!

Neabear zei

Your cake stands are wonderful and I like how you use them often. I only have one cake stand right now and it is RED. I love it and would love to have more someday. Happy Tuesday!

Barbara Jean zei

Your cake stands are wonderful.
And you make beautiful cakes!

Love that special cake stand. It is my favorite of them all, I think. =0))

Thanks for dropping by and sharing with us.
I'm guest hosting for Tam, and sending blessings

barbara jean

Kim @ Starshine Chic zei

I love your cake stands. I like the art deco one the best. I collect cake stands too, but mine aren't vintage. In fact, I'm showing 3 of mine on my three or more post. Thanks for sharing yours.

Cass @ That Old House zei

Your cake stands are beautiful! I have two of them, one white china and one silver, and they make a cake looks so much more grand and delicious!
You made that cake at the end of the post? WOW. My cakes look like piles of crumbs next to yours!!!
Cass

Sara's Sweet Surprise zei

Hello~I've just strolled into your blog for my first visit...I've enjoyed taking a peek at your past posts. What beauty! You've got so many wonderful treasures. Starting with those kitties!! I adore kitties and have a 16 year old diva of my own. She loves a little tuna water too.

Those cakes looked so delicious on your beautiful cake stands.

I've bookmarked you in my favs.
I look forward to coming by your charming blog again.
Come by for a visit. Your company would be nice.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Rhondi zei

Hi Nicky
How are you? Your cake stand collection is great. The next time you have your quilting friends for show and tell I want to come. The cakes you made for them look delicious! I also admire your talent in cake decorating.
Hugs, Rhondi