vrijdag 17 juli 2009

Foodie Friday Sad food



Can you make sad food??
Lately I have been making it for my father in law.
He was in the last stages of Alzheimer disease and he could not eat much any more. Chewing and biting was no longer possible.
So I did what I do best. I made him some nice food he still could eat.


I pureed banana's, kiwi's, pears,stawberry's and so on and mixed it with some special baby cookies or with curd cheese. Especially for him I sifted out all the seeds from the kiwi and the strawberry.
I also made him some mashed patatoes, mixed with lovely carrots or broccoli. It was real tasty food.
He enjoyed this food for two more weeks and on Thuesday night he closest his eyes and died in his sleep.
Making this food could have been a joy since I almost could make the same food for my little granddaughter. But now she will neve know him....


So yes, you can make sad food.

8 opmerkingen:

quitethecrow zei

How fortunate your father-in-law was to have you in his life. Your sad food should be named nurturing food or loving food.

Thankfully he no longer suffers. My father died of Alzheimer's in 1999. It is a terrible disease and a long goodbye. My heart goes out to your family...Elizabeth

Susan zei

Im so sorry for your loss- Your father in law was so lucky to have a wonderfully kind and thoughtful daughter in law like you! God Bless...

Anoniem zei

How very sad, I am sorry for your loss.
What a sweet thing that was for you to do.

Christi @ A Southern Life zei

Oh, that is sad. You are a wonderful daughter to make a special effort to make things he could enjoy to the end. So sorry for your loss.

Christi

Lori E zei

I am sure he felt cared for and loved to his last breath. What more can one ask for in life.

Patricia @ ButterYum zei

Aw... so sad :(...

What a loving and thoughtful gesture!

LiLi M. zei

Ahh gecondoleerd met het verlies van je schoonvader. Heel jammer dat je kleindochter hem nu niet meer kan leren kennen, maar misschien heeft dat allemaal zo moeten zijn. Ik heb na mijn studie in een psycho geriatrische inrichting gewerkt en daar toch ook wel gezien dat de dood een verlossing kan zijn. Misschien, maar ik kan daar natuurlijk niet over oordelen, is het goed als het zover niet gekomen is.
Ik wens jullie allen heel veel sterkte toe, want ik weet ook dat afscheid altijd zwaar is. Ik zeg altijd dat wij mensen daar niet op gebouwd zijn. Ons design gaat uit van hechten, niet van losmaken.
Nogmaals veel sterkte!

ps. Ik moet even zoeken of ik nog zo'n Hasseltse tegel kan vinden, maar ik vergeet je niet hoor!

Carolyn zei

I,too am sorry for your loss.

Take care,
Carolyn