donderdag 27 augustus 2009

Foody Friday and a gourgous dessert!

Is this not a picture??
Last week I promised a blogger on the Foody Friday party to look out the coming week, for a gourgous dessert without to much calories.
This dessert is my variation on a traditional bavarois. A French dessert made with fruit, and whipped cream and set with gelatine.
When I was on a diet 3 years agoo I wanted something lush and gourgous en sweet en fruity for dessert and....something to was not to heavy on the hips.
Since I like bavarois very much I made a light version on it. Since that day we actually only eat this light version because it is so light and so fresh and so fruity.

You need:
500 grams or 18 ounces of fat free curd cheese. The Dutch call this 'kwark', Belgians call this 'plattekaas' with means as much as runny cheese. This is the first thing you get when you start making cheese. It tastes a bit like ricotta but its runnier and less grainy.
500 grams or 18 ounces of raspberry's or strawberry 's, witch you cutter uncooked and sive to get the pips out.
1/2 cup of fine white sugar
3 egg large of 4 small egg whites
7 leaves of gelatine. Mine are 2 grams a piece. So you need 14 grams that is half an ounce.
Juice of half an orange.

Take a large bowl and mix the curd cheese with the raspberry sauce.
Put the gelatine and let it soak in cold water.


Mix with the sugar.
Then put a little saucepan on with the orange juice. Let it get hot and take it of the heat.
Remove gelatine from cold water en remove excess water. Let is melt in the hot orange juice. Never boil gelatine or it will not set.
Beat the gelatine under the fruit mixture. Beat fast so the gelatine has no time to make strands.

Whip up the egg whites untill they are very stiff. Hold the bowl upside down!



Mix 1/4 of the eggwhites under the fruit mixture. When the mixture is losened than fold the other eggwhites under.
Take a mould and rinse it in cold water. Don't dry it!! This tiny bit of water will make sure that the mousse will glide out of the mould easily.
Fill the mould to the top.

Put it in the fridge overnight or at least 5 hours.
To put it on a serving plate.
Losen the side of the mousse. Place the bowl for a few seconds in hot water. See that the water does not go over the side of the bowl.
Create an air pocket by gently sliding a knife between the mould and the mousse.
Put a serving dish on top of the mould and turn it upside down.
Gentle let the mouse slide out of the mould. If it does not come immediatly you can help it with tilting the mould slightly and creating another air pocket.


Decorate with fruit and some leaves of the raspberry bush. I had a gourgous deep red rose in the garden that had the exactly right colour for the mousse. It was'nt sprayed with anything so you could eat it if you wanted.
This is a least fit for 6 people. I even had some left over. I managed to fill a glass with it.
You can do all the mousse in single serving moulds if you wished. I often do this for a party.
And if you are not on a diet, a bit of whipped cream is always nice to go with it.....
Enjoy and see you next week!







17 opmerkingen:

LiLi M. zei

Wat gaaaaf! Wat een kleurtje! Ik heb je recept nog niet gelezen, omdat ik dan strijk en zet honger krijg. Dit zal de Amerikanen ook wel aanspreken. Ik was daar natuurlijk net voor moederdag en zag knalblauwe en knalroze taarten!

Maria Berg zei

I want that so I guess I have to come and visit you one day and then we can go to IKEA together, MB

Ps. You can have this on for Pink Saturday MEme, see my sid bar at my blog.

Chandy zei

Wow! I will have to try that! Good morning and thank you!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ zei

What a beautiful dessert!
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

SavoringTime in the Kitchen zei

It is a beautiful dessert! Light and low calorie sounds perfect to me. I wonder if the cheese you use is similar to what we call 'cottage cheese' here in the US?

~Susan

Kristen zei

That is a stunning dessert.

Maggie zei

What a super looking dessert, I'll be sure to try this one.
What's french for quark??
Thanks for visiting Normandy today,
a bientot
Maggie

Unknown zei

WOW!!! What a GREAT!!! dessert. So light and easy to make. THANKS!!! for the recipe.
PS. THANKS!!! foe stopping by and visit my blog and the comment. Geri

susan zei

You certainly did deliver a gorgeous dessert! Do you think I could use small curd cottage cheese or should I use ricotta? This looks delicious!

Poppedijne zei

For all you Americans and English speaking folk. The translation for "kwark " in English/American is soft curd cheese or curd cheese. Ricotta and cottage cheese is not the same. Ricotta is more grainy and solid and Cottage cheese is more pea shaped.
It seems also to be called "bag cheese" . The French word is
' Fromage Frais'.

Mary Bergfeld zei

This looks and sounds delicious. Thanks so much for doing the conversions for us. I can't wait to give this a try.

honeysuckle zei

That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure how to change it into US units though. Have a great day.

Mid-Atlantic Martha zei

You're right! This is one gorgeous dessert!

Alea Milham zei

What a lovely dessert. I grow raspberries and had never thought to use them as an edible decoration. Thanks for the wonderfully, light dessert, as well as inspiration!

You should add this to Slightly Indulgent Monday at http://www.simplysugarandglutenfree.com/

Martha zei

This looks like pink perfection! I've not ever made this but your post makes me want to!

Unknown zei

This definitely is a gorgeous dessert. What time are you serving it? I would love for you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday on diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Mister Linky will be up by Tuesday for your entry. Thanks so much for posting.

Vicki zei

Yum!!! o.k. what do Americans call that cheese so I can get some and make that dessert??? Is it cream cheese?